Designed by award-winning architects Jestico+Whiles, the glamorous Marriott Hotel’s W London brings hip and fun to the very heart of London’s vibrant West End. Enjoying a buzzing location between Piccadilly Circus and Covent Garden, the 192-room property stands ten stories tall above the city’s famous Leicester Square.
Its beautifully simple façade, covered in translucent glass, looks like a floating sheer curtain by day, only to transform itself into a sophisticated art installation by night. Every day, the London panorama as seen from the hotel is filmed and custom software converts the footage into an animation of glowing light, displayed on the building. It’s a way of making a connection with the neighborhood of glamorous movie premieres.
The inside of the property is equally striking, with über cool décor, sleek public areas and dozens of glittering mirror balls. Contrasting with this dark, sexy theme, the bedrooms are white and bright, all featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, custom-made furnishings, iPod docks, 37-inch flat-screen TVs, an impressive media library and bathrooms with rainforest showers.
Overlooking Leicester Square is a WYLD bar, with live DJs and huge curved Chesterfield sofas, where guests are invited to mix, mingle and flirt in a vibrant social atmosphere. For a more relaxed atmosphere, you can pop into the Lounge bar, which serves high tea in a true British style. The jewel in the crown is set to be the Spice Market, a signature restaurant by three Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The restaurant serves authentic Southeast Asian-inspired cuisine in a sexy, contemporary space. There is also a Spa, beauty boutique and fitness facility with rooftop views of Soho.
Related: More posts on United Kingdom
Fun and funky! I recommend W London Leicester Square for all who love a great ambiance, good food and a buzzy, happening atmosphere.
What I loved
- W London is located right at the heart of Leicester Square, giving guests access to the city’s finest theatres, restaurants, lounges and nightclubs and is within walking distance to Soho, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, and Piccadilly Circus;
- WYLD, the stylish destination bar overlooking Leicester Square, providing an ideal backdrop for film-premiere interviews;
- Delicious Breakfasts in Spice Market;
- Bedrooms offer superbly comfortable beds and crisp linens for a perfect night’s sleep.
What you should know
- Not Suitable for those looking for peace and quiet;
- No swimming pool on-site and no free WiFi;
- Children are perfectly welcome to stay for free, although the hotel limits guests to one child per room;
- The hotel offers a valet parking service for an extra charge.
For more stuff like this, join the club! If you’re not already a member, you can sign up below and get tons of amazing, incredible, badass stuff that no one else can get and all your friends will be jealous.
Until next time, be jealous friends. Be jealous.
Get FREE access to our member’s only club and enjoy unlimited travel resources. Be the first to find out about new travel discounts and exclusive discount coupons for leading brands. Did I mention it’s all FREE? Are you in? Great! Sign up below!