As one of the most exciting boutique hotels in East London, the swish and stylish Boundary is a place truly fitting its trendy location. It’s a celebration of great design—in really cool surroundings. Bored of the city? (you might after you exhaust all your options of sightseeing) I have you prepared for 5 best day trips you can take from London! If you are a shopaholic like me, head on to 10 best places to shop in London that you should definitely not miss! If you are planning on visiting London, here are a few things you need to know and here is another guide to the best instagrammable spots in the city for that perfect shot for your ‘gram.
Located in the hip and vibrant Shoreditch quarter, Boundary calls itself “Restaurant, Rooms & Rooftop”—but it is more than just that. Converted from a late Victorian warehouse, the hotel contains three contemporary restaurants and bars, individually designed guest rooms, a bakery, and a food store.
Artwork, photography & murals of over 50 artists fashionably complement the 120-year-old building, whilst a theme of simple clean lines with a quirky twist follows throughout the hotel. The elegant design of rooms of this small and intimate boutique hotel pays homage to some of the legendary designers and historic design movements—so there is a room inspired by Le Corbusier, Josef Hoffman, Andree Putman, Bahaus, Charles & Ray Eames and Mies Van Der Rohe (if you are into art or art history the way I am, I’m telling you IT IS PERFECT!!). Many bespoke pieces of furniture were created for especially for the hotel like whaaaa.
The English and French cuisine served at the hotel’s main restaurant is an art in itself, while the rooftop grill-restaurant and bar with its open fireplace is set in the midst of a dramatic garden with panoramic views over London. On the ground floor, you’ll find the trendy Albion bakery and street café (and a cute little food store) serving all time British classics such as shepherd’s pie and fish & chips. There is plenty of action not too far away. The Shoreditch quarter is packed full of young trendies, it boasts of great bars, cafes and weekend markets. This is where the London’s hip and happening artists, musicians and designers live, work and play making it the perfect place to “accidentally” run into them, if you know what i mean hehe.
Reminiscent of New York lofts, this hip and sleek boutique hotel is a great hang-out for trendsetters and sophisticated travellers that appreciate art & good design fused with modern comfort and friendly service. You definitely need to visit Boundary next time you’re in London, if only for a drink on the fabulous rooftop terrace!
What I loved
- The wonderful rooftop with its own restaurant, bar, fireplace, and garden— it has a sensational 360-degree view of some of London’s most famous landmarks. It is open all-year around—its glass pergola has air-conditioning and heated flooring, could it be any more perfect?
- Not one room in the entire hotel is the same, each being inspired by some of the classic design styles and names, like Mies Van Der Rohe and Bauhaus. Heaven for art fanatics!
- High-quality amenities in all rooms: heated floors, large flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations with Bluetooth capability, REN toiletries in the bathrooms (the smell oh my god!), anti-mist mirrors, handmade super King-sized beds, and extensive acoustic sound-proofing so blast all the music you want, there won’t be any neighbouring guest complaining about your noise.
- Complimentary broadband Wi-Fi (which does NOT lag unlike other free Wi-Fis) and use of an Apple iPad for the duration of the stay;
- Albion—the popular café on the first floor that serves freshly baked bread and crusty pies. I could literally go to London only to eat their pies;
- The fabulous Boundary Restaurant, one of the finest places to dine in Shoreditch, with simple, elegant and simply brilliant menus;
- Little Albion cakes in individual boxes left on you bed, so freaking cute and oh my god scrumptious;
- All the restaurants and rooms are wheelchair accessible and step-free.
What you should know
- There is no swimming pool or spa in the hotel;
- The hotel welcomes children, and can arrange a babysitter on request;
- The boundary is located in Shoreditch approximately 7 miles from London City Airport and 21 miles from London Heathrow Airport. A bit far but totally worth it;
- Transfers to and from all of the London airports can be arranged including a ‘meet at the arrivals gate’ service;
- The trendy location means it can be a little noisy, so if you are looking for peace and quiet this is not your place.
If you’re not a member, you can sign up below and get tons of amazing, incredible, badass stuff that no one else can get and all your friends will be jealous.
Until next time, be jealous friends. Be jealous.
Get FREE access to our member’s only club and enjoy unlimited travel resources. Be the first to find out about new travel discounts and exclusive discount coupons for leading brands. Did I mention it’s all FREE? Are you in? Great! Sign up below!