The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong hotel guests will never be disappointed with the view from every angle in this hotel. This hotel is located half a kilometer above the sea level, in the iconic International Commerce Centre, overlooking Kowloon and the entire Hong Kong island. However, when in Hong Kong you need to have these things on your bucket list!
To be exact, it is 490 meters above sea level at least, and The Ritz Carlton occupies floors 102 to 118 of the ICC. The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong Hotel boasts the highest bar in the world at 1,608 feet up! Naturally, the main attraction here is the astonishing view over the Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong’s cityscape, but the creators of the hotel pulled all the best talent to design the interiors of these sixteen floors to be worthy of the location. There are some other premium hotels in Hong Kong that you need to stay at least once in your life, you can find them here.
Elegant and ultra-modern, with hints of Asian styles, and no expense spared, the spaces of the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong are designed to impress and wow. And perhaps this mixture of glass, chrome, marble, metal, Swarovski crystals, water cascades, lighted floors, and sculpted walls are too rich for a more refined taste. Thankfully, the rooms, designed by LTW Designworks from Singapore, have soothing themes, with the design that does not try to compete with the spectacular panorama outside. Decorated in shades of beige, with dark woods and thick carpets, guest rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including high-end telescopes.
Guests of the Ritz have a good choice when comes to dining. The restaurants and bars include the excellent Tin Lung Heen, serving Cantonese cuisine, Tosca, with stylish open kitchen (southern Italian menu), the modern Lounge & Bar—and finally Pastry Gems, a delightful patisserie located in the arrival lobby—are all on the 102nd floor. Only one floor up, and there is another café, The Chocolate Library, serving some delicious snacks and chocolate drinks.
The most impressive is Ozone, on the 118 floor—the world’s highest bar. At 490 meters, Ozone is not much lower than the Victoria Peak viewing platform. They serve drinks and Asian tapas in a sensational interior, which looks like it was just used as a set of a Hollywood SF blockbuster. Guests seeking tranquility and peace the Ritz-Carlton welcomes at Spa by ESPA (floor 116), with nine luxurious massage rooms, twenty-meter indoor pool, and fitness center.
What we love
- Views of the harbor and city are second to none, and the floor-to-ceiling windows enhance the experience
- Great-looking Ozone bar
- Fabulous breakfast selection served in Cafe 103, between 6.30 am and 10.30am
- Very large, heated swimming pool
- Free Wireless Internet in the rooms
- Excellent Spa
What you should know
- Utravlr Pro tip: Book one of the Club Lounge rooms (floor 116), with special Concierge Service. These suites overlook the harbor and the Hong Kong island.
- Sound insulation between rooms is insufficient
- The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong occupies an upper couple of floors in the building and in order to get to the room from the ground floor guests must enter a lift to the hotel lobby, and then go to another lift
- The hotel is situated on the seafront of Kowloon and there isn’t much going on in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. That said, this is one of the fastest-growing parts of Hong Kong. However if you would like to know where you should stay in Hong Kong, then here is a location wise guide to where to stay in Hong Kong according to your travel needs, be it party or family!
- The atmosphere of the Ozone bar is very young and trendy, which may not be necessarily what people expect from the Ritz brand
Subscribe below for more such posts and updates!